So the Oscars happened
Posted by Ali at 15:41 on 28 Feb 2011
Last night was the Academy Awards; a prestigious occasion when bloggers like me take the opportunity to become as vocal as possible about how little the Oscars actually matter to them while simultaneously talking non-stop about them and everything that's wrong with them.
You can bugger off somewhere else for the complete list of winners and losers: here's the 2011 Oscars in a nutshell.
What everyone's talking about
- The King's Speech won everything.
- Colin Firth is really rather charming.
- Melissa Leo done a swear.
- The ceremony was kind of boring.
- James Franco looked suicidal.
- The Social Network got poked.
What everyone should be talking about
- Jennifer Lawrence's dress. HOLY FUCKING SHIT.
- Christian Bale's war beard is not for a movie.
- Eli Wallach is still alive?
- The Fighter was kind of boring.
- Tom Hooper looks a bit like a Terrahawk.
- Seriously. Jennifer Lawrence. CHRIST.